Subject Matter Specialist/Guest Lecturer
The requirements can be found in 6 VAC 20-171-290 of the Regulations.
Authorization is good for 24 months.
PLEASE NOTE: An individual cannot apply to be a subject matter specialist or guest lecturer. The training director of a certified school must be the one who requests to have a subject matter specialist or guest lecturer.
Submit to the Department
- Subject matter specialist/guest lecturer application (PSS_SMS);
- Documentation of the individual’s qualifications to instruct in the requested subject matter;
- Request must specifically outline the requested subject matter.
- You must receive written authorization, in the form of a letter signed by the Training Specialist, prior to allowing the individual to instruct.
- The individual cannot teach an entire entry-level course.
- A certified instructor must be present during a guest lecturer’s presentation.
- If the individual will be conducting an entire in-service course, a certified instructor must sign off on the roster and take responsibility for the course.
Return to the Apply & Renew page.