Special Conservator of the Peace
Applications may be submitted to the Department using one of the following options:
- In-person at the Washington Building, 1100 Bank St., Richmond, VA 23219 (you may use the secure drop box located inside the main entrance)
- Regular mail to this address: Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services, P.O. Box 1300, Richmond, VA 23218
- Fax at 804-786-6344 (applications must have the Credit Card Authorization Form attached for processing)
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age;
- Successfully complete all initial training requirements for special conservator of the peace, including firearms verification of applicable, requested pursuant to the entry-level training standards in 6VAC20-230-160; and
- Be a United States citizen or legal resident alien of the United States.
Submit to the Department
Special Conservator of the Peace - REGISTRATION CHECKLIST
FINAL STEPS (to be completed after all of the above eligibility criteria have been met):
Mandatory Forms â€“ As of July 1, 2015, if you are seeking a new appointment with a circuit court or a reappointment
with a circuit court, the law requires you to submit two separate standardized forms, created
by the Office of the Executive Secretary, to the circuit court: (#1) Application to the circuit court and the
other is the (#2) Appointment Order signed by the judge.
- On July 1, 2015, the new forms can be accessed at the Supreme Court of Virginia website:
- Once the circuit court signs the order, you must return copies of both the (#1) Application and
(#2) Appointment Order to DCJS in order to receive your registration documents.