This is the system currently utilized by DCJS Certified Training Schools to submit "Training Sessions" and reporting of "Training Completion Rosters."
In order to access the Osprey system, the school must first be registered. Click here to register.
Once the school is registered, access Osprey using the username and password.
To prepare your computer for Osprey, please follow the instructions at www.dcjs.virginia.gov/onlineServices/jreInstall.cfm.
Osprey works just like a regular program and not a window from your browser. It can even place a shortcut icon for your Windows desktop to launch the program. You will need to be connected to the Internet, but you will not need to open a browser.
- Osprey runs like an application on your computer, not within a browser. (While Osprey appears to function as an installed application, due to security features, Osprey cannot access your files stored locally on your machine.)
- Osprey allows you to look at sessions that are currently running.
- Osprey allows you to make changes in session notifications (time, end date, instructor, location) up to the day the class is scheduled to start.
- When viewing sessions or rosters, Osprey will gray out the areas that cannot be altered but will let some information be changed.
- Osprey gives helpful hints, such as if you submit a session notification for a class beginning in less than 7 days, it will tell you to contact the Training Coordinator and will give you the phone number.
- Once a session is cancelled, Osprey automatically removes it from the Planned section.
- When looking through the sessions to add a roster, you can click on the "date" column and Osprey will automatically order them starting with the most recent. Click it again and it will revert to its previous order.
- In both the session and roster entry sections, Osprey enables you to search by course number, location, time, or course description. Click on the column title you wish to search by, and enter the information in the search bar. Osprey will highlight the area in purple. This makes it easy to find a specific class to check the roster.
- Osprey allows you to move between screens easily without having to reload
- Only training directors and assistant training directors can submit rosters and session notifications.
- You must submit session notifications at least 7 days in advance.
You may contact the Certification Center at 804.786.1399 or by