Training Alternatives - Firearms Instructor Entry-Level
Approved Training Providers
Choose any of the following approved training providers for Firearms Instructor Entry-Level. Contact the schools for a training schedule and for details on how to register for training.
- American Security Group
4914 Radford Ave, Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23230
- American Security Programs, Inc. (88-1088)
7115 Leesburg Pike, # 218
Falls Church VA 22043
- Central Training Academy (88-1034)
14725-J Flint Lee Road
Chantilly, VA 20151
- Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy (88-1499)
1380 Central Park Blvd., Ste. 208
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- D & D Security Training Academy (88-1202)
4600 Duke Street, Suite 426
Alexandria, VA 22304
- Elite Investigation & Protection Agency, Inc. (88-1527)
6116 Rolling Road, Suite 306
Springfield VA 22152
- Golden Seal Enterprises, Inc. (88-1476)
230 Aviation Drive
Winchester VA 22602
- Innsbrook Security Academy (88-1440)
10307 West Broad Street #246
Glen Allen, VA 23060
- National Rifle Association
The only eligible courses are NRA's Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor Development training courses.
You must register with the association for their training. Go to http://www.nrahq.org/law/training/instructorschools.asp to find out how.
NOTE: This training will require attendance at either the DCJS 14I (firearms instructor in-service) or DCJS 12E (compliance agent entry-level) training session to qualify for certification as a firearms instructor. For more information, please contact the Training Unit at 804.786.1399.
- Automation Precision Technology, LLC (88-1345)
4535 East Princess Anne Road
Norfolk VA 23502
How to Receive Credit from DCJS
- Submit to DCJS, the application for partial training exemption, $25 fee and dated certificate of completion.
- If you would like to become a private security services instructor, please see the "Apply and Renew" section.