Out of State Central Station Dispatcher
All businesses providing Central Station Monitoring Services to end users located in the Commonwealth of Virginia must possess a valid Private Security Business License.
Individuals who meet the below criteria do not need to apply for registration with DCJS:
An out-of-state central station dispatcher employed by a private security services business licensed by DCJS provided they possesses and maintains a valid license, registration, or certification as a central station dispatcher issued by the regulatory authority of the state in which he performs the monitoring duties and has submitted their fingerprints to the regulatory authority for the conduct of a national criminal history records search.
** If the above does not apply, the individual must meet the following requirements for registration:
- An Initial Registration application and fee
- A Fingerprint Application, card and fee
- Training submitted on a Training Roster by a Certified Private Security Training School Entry Level – must take 30E, plus 38E In-service - must take 38I
- Or, submit a Partial Training Exemption Application for Entry-Level Training form with a copy of:
- A certificate of completion showing successful completion of a pre-approved, accredited, or nationally recognized Central Station Operators course. (i.e. Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) www.csaaul.org Central Station Operator Level One); and,
- A letter signed by the employer’s Compliance Agent certifying that the applicant/employee has received an additional two (2) hours of instruction on administration and orientation to Private Security in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and applicable sections of the Code and Regulations relating to Private Security.