I am already an instructor through DCJS for law enforcement. How do I become an instructor for private security services?

Most likely you will not have to take our general instructor development entry-level class. You will need to submit a partial training exemption application (PSS WA) and fee in order for us to evaluate and credit your law enforcement instructor training. You will also need to show official documentation of ongoing in-service training or experience conducting training if your entry-level training was completed more than 24 months prior to applying. After you have been notified of receiving credit for your training, you will need to submit the PSS IA initial instructor application, nonrefundable fee, and documentation of experience and/or training in the categories in which you are seeking certification to instruct.