Do I have to have a registration before I can work?

It depends. A central station dispatcher, electronic security sales representative, electronic security technician, electronic security technician's assistant, unarmed alarm respondent, locksmith and unarmed security officer can work for 90 consecutive days while completing the compulsory minimum training requirements, provided their fingerprints were submitted on or before their date of hire and their employer provides them with a 90 day authorization document.  This document along with a photo ID must be carried on duty while performing regulated services until a temporary or permanent registration is issued.

Armed Security Officers, Armed Alarm Respondent, Private Investigators, Personal Protection Specialist, Security and Detector Canine Handlers, and Armored Car Personnel must have a current registration in order to work in a registered category.