Surety Bail Bondsman

Yes. Effective July 1, 2005 all previous bail bondsman credentials are null and void and in order to continue providing bail-bonding services, you must obtain a license from DCJS.

  • Submit proof of current licensing as a property and casualty insurance agent validated by the State Corporation Commission.
  • Submit copies of each qualifying power of attorney that will be used to provide surety. All qualifying powers of attorney filed with DCJS shall contain the name and contact information for both the surety agent and the registered agent of the issuing company. In the event an applicant for a surety bail bondsman license is unable to obtain a qualifying power of attorney prior to the issuance of his license.